Event Information & Registration
1. When can I sign up for Great Andaman Triathlon 2024?
Right now! Please visit our registration page at www.teamparikrama.com
2. What is the policy for withdrawal or transfer?
For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard-earned money. Please visit the https://www.teamparikrama.com/refund-policy page for more information on the Cancellation & Withdrawal Policy.
3. Will there be relays?
4. Will the race packs be mailed out?
Race packs will not be mailed. All pre-race information is or will be available on this website. All your race materials such as race numbers, etc. will be given to you when you complete your athlete check-in onsite at Andaman.
5. What time is the sunrise/sunset on race day?
The sunrise is at approximately 5:35 AM and the sunset is at approximately 5:35 PM local time.
6. Do I have to qualify to race the Great Andaman Triathlon 2024?
7. Are the distance markers at Great Andaman Triathlon 2024 in kilometers or miles?
They are in kilometers only.
8. What are the race distances?
Half Iron Distance: Swim: 1.9 km, Bike: 90.1 km, Run: 21.1 km.
Olympic Distance: Swim: 1.5 km, Bike: 40 km, Run: 10 km.
Sprint Distance: Swim: 750 meters Bike: 20 km, Run: 05 km.
09. What if I can't make it to the event on 18th Feb 2024?
We highly recommend all athletes arrive on time to perform their athlete check-in no later than 5:00 PM on 14th Feb 2024. Athletes will not be allowed to check in beyond this, with no exceptions made.
This rule is in effect for a number of important reasons and exists to make your experience safe and stress-free. The scheduling is designed to allow each athlete the opportunity to become oriented with the venue and receive all the necessary information needed for a successful race. Athlete check-in hours are posted well in advance of race week — please make your travel plans accordingly.
10. Is the race open for physically challenged athletes?
Yes. Before registering, we strongly insist that they provide additional information regarding their medically verified physical, visual, or neurological impairment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the case can be evaluated by the Race Director and assess their participation in the race.
Upon approval by the Race Director, they may proceed to register for the race and will be accommodated for registration as per the prevailing Registration rate at the time we received their request by email.
11. What is Tier Based Pricing?
Tier Based Pricing is inventory-based according to slot quantities and will automatically increase when capacity has been filled.
12. Is there an online discussion group for those wishing to share information about Great Andaman Triathlon 2024?
Not at this time, but you can follow us at:
1. Which are the host hotels?
a. Divyum Manor
b. SeaShell Coral Cove
Please come back here for other hotel options in the coming weeks when we are able to update and confirm the host hotel.
2. How do I get from the airport to my hotel and how much will it cost?
Andaman Airport is not very big but has similar transport facilities compared to major airports in India. Divyum Manor is just 200 meters away while SeaShell Coral Cove will cost you 70 - 100 INR
3. What cell phone services are available?
Portblair has excellent connectivity service, mostly compatible with international roaming services. Please check with your local telcos before arriving. Alternatively, you may also obtain a local SIM card.
4. What kind of a visa do I need to enter India/Andaman and how do I get one?
Visa requirements differ depending on your nationality. Please visit the links below for more information. We strongly recommend that you contact the Indian Embassy or Consulate in your home country for more assistance.
Bike & Equipment Information
1. I didn’t turn in my timing chip after the race. Can I send it back so I won’t be charged a "lost chip" fee?
Chips must be returned as instructed in the race materials or your card will be charged accordingly, with no exceptions made.
2. What are the cut-off times?
Swim: 1 hour 10 minutes
Bike: 5:30 hours after the swim start
Run: 8:30 hours after the swim start
Athletes not making any of the cut-off times will be conducted to the Transition Area and not allowed to continue the race. There will also be intermediate cut-off times within the swim/bike/run due to local road closure requirements that will be communicated in the Athlete Information Guide, closer to the race event.
3. If I have my own chip, can I use it?
4. Are disk wheels allowed?
1. How does the swim start?
A rolling beach swim start will be implemented.
2. Are we starting in the water or is it a beach start?
It is a beach start.
3. Are wetsuits allowed?
Services & Amenities
1. Who do I contact about massage during the race week?
Currently, no arrangements have been made for pre-event massages. Please check back closer to the event as we may have recovery partners who provide these services. Many hotels also have their own spa facilities that offer massages.
2. Will there be a bike route recce organized before the event?