Thu, 14 Oct|
Trek to Kudremukh!
Get ready for an Unforgettable Trek
Time & Location
14-Oct-2021, 9:00 pm – 16-Oct-2021, 9:00 pm
Mullodi, Raje gowda home stay, Raje Gowda homestay, kudhremukh road, Mullodi, Karnataka 577124, India
About The Event
Our second trek for the season is to Kudremukh, it is at 1,892 meters, is the one of the highest peak in Kudhremuka Wildlife Sanctuary in the Western Ghats of Karnataka.
Do you have it in you?
About Kudremukh National Park:
Kudremukh National Park is spread partly over the thick hilly forests near the coastal plains on the western portion and the shola vegetation on the Western Ghats uplands, covering parts of 3 districts, viz., Chikmagalur, Udupi, and Dakshina Kannada. The Kudremukh peak by which the National Park derived its name, is the highest elevation at 1892 meters.
Special features of Kudremukh National Park (KNP):
KNP is made of steep hills and valleys. The hills, which bear the brunt of the severe monsoon wind, preclude any tree growth as a result the landscape is covered with grass. The valleys which are tucked in, have reasonable protection from wind and a deep soil profile, as a result of which stunted evergreen forests exist creating a unique microclimate, rich with mosses, orchids, etc. The whole scenery of grassland interspersed with narrow strips of forests provide a fantastic vista for a trekker. The totally fresh air and the climb up and down, invigorates the body and soothes the soul. During the trek, one can view and study several wildlife species of plants, birds, reptiles, amphibians, butterflies, insects, etc.
Trek Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult.
Trek Distance: 22Km Approx (To & Fro)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 0 - Get Picked Up from Bangalore : On Thursday night Get picked up from Bangalore.
- 9:00 PM: First Pick up point at House of Adventure, Team Parikrama.
- 9:30 PM: Second, pick up point at Yeshwanthpur Metro Station.
- 9:45 PM: The third pick-up point is at at Gorguntepalya Metro Station.
- Begin your overnight journey to Kalasa.
Day 1 - The D-Day:
- 05:30AM Reach the homestay in the morning.
- 06:30AM Freshen up in dormitory rooms,
- 07:15 AM Have breakfast
- 08:00AM Head out to start the trek.
- Carry the packed lunch - we request you to carry a lunch box, lets say no to plastic.
- 12:15 PM Reach the Peak
- 01:30PM Start desending
- 05:30PM Evening snacks
- 07.45PM have dinner at the Homestay with Campfire.
Day 2 - Travel to Devaramane & Return to Bangalore:
- 06:00AM Freshen up and start packing - spend time biriding and enjoying the landscape
- 07:15 AM Have Breakfast
- 08:30AM Start your journey towards Devarmane Landscape .
- 11:30 AM Reach Devaramane and enjoy the beautiful view among the clouds at hills and spend some time.
- 12:30 AM Start the journey to Bangalore.
- 01:30 AM Lunch Break
- ETA 8:00PM
- Accommodation would be provided in Rooms/Dormontary on sharing
- Veg/Non-Veg food will be provided
- 2 Breakfast
- 2 lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Local and experienced guides and trek facilitators
- First aid kit
- Permission from Forest Dept
- Pick up and drop from Bangalore in a non-AC vehicle and the type of vehicle depends on the group size
Things To Carry
- Sturdy and waterproof backpack (It will be advised that you pack light)
- Trek Shoes or comfortable sports shoes
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- Fresh clothes for 2 days
- Extra set of clothes
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Toiletries (Shampoo, towel, toothpaste, tissue paper, etc.)
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars)
- Personal medication (if any)
- Allergy medication (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- A torch (in case of emergency)
Cost of the Activity: 4,950 INR only/-
Registration Confirmation through payment - Bank Transfer only.
Bank Details: Name: Team Parikrama
A/C No: 06951010001762
IFS Code: CNRB0010695
Branch Name: Canara Bank, Amarjothi Nagar.
Looking forward to your Participation
Season of love, come with your loved one to fall in love with Adventure.