Sat, 10 Jun|
Team Parikrama at Kavaranahalli
Kavaranahalli Betta Trek & Isha Foundation Visit!!
Kaurava Kunda or Kavaranahalli is a beautiful yet less known trekking destination located around 70KM from Bangalore. The Twin hills stand tall opposite to Isha Foundation, named after the Pandavas and the Kauravas from MahaBharatha - the greatest epic of India.
Time & Location
10 Jun, 5:00 am – 2:00 pm
Team Parikrama at Kavaranahalli, Kavaranahalli, Karnataka 562101, India
About The Event
About the Place:
Kaurava Kunda or Kavaranahalli is a beautiful yet less known trekking destination located around 70KM from Bangalore. The Twin hills stand tall opposite to Isha Foundation, named after the Pandavas and the Kauravas from MahaBharatha - the greatest epic of India. Passing though the rocky surface we also wall on the grassy hilltop with an altitude of 250 meters, this hill has mesmerizing views around the corner.
This place is best visited during the Winter months. During december, you can feel the clouds beneath you, similar to Skandagiri or Nandi Hills in the vicinity. The hill is away from hustle bustle of the city, being less known to travelers, this place still holds the tranquility unlike other popular places these days around Bangalore.
The Trail starts from Hariharapura Village and there are some sandy steps which lead you to the Shiva Temple midway up the Hill and Its an easy trek. Since the climb is not too steep, the trek can be a pleasant experience even for a beginer.
About the Activity:
- Arrive at the decided pick-up point from 05:00 AM till 05:30 AM (depending upon the pick-up point you choose) and gear up for an amazing journey from Bangalore to Chickbalapur.
- You will reach the base camp at 07:20 AM, from where the trek will start.
- Climb up the man-made steps to the peak and start witness beautiful glimpses of the natural surroundings.
- Pay a visit to Lord Shiva residing in first half on top of the hill.
- Enjoy birdwatching and discover the various medicinal herbs that Kavarnahalli is famous for.
- After an exciting experience at this amazing trek, start desending at 09:00 AM.
- Reach the base by 09:30 AM and indulge yourself in a delicious breakfast at Sadhguru Sannidhi, Isha Foundation.
- Start your journey back to Bangalore and get dropped at the same place as you were picked from at 12:30 PM.
Activity Location: Kaurava Kunda or Kavaranahalli, Chickballapur.
Trek Distance: 05 KM (Two-way).
Activity Duration: 1 Day
Trek Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Pick-up Timings: 05:30 AM onwards
- Mantri mall, Malleshwaram (5:00 AM)
- Sankey Tank (5:10 AM)
- Palace Ground (5:15 AM)
- Mekri Circle (5:20 AM)
- Esteem Mall Hebbal (5:30 AM)
Cost of the Activity: 1,350 INR only/-
Registration Confirmation through payment - Bank Transfer, Google Pay/ Phone Pay only.
Bank Details: Name: Team Parikrama
A/C No: 06951010001762
IFS Code: CNRB0010695
Branch Name: Canara Bank, Amarjothi Nagar.
- Trek to Kaurava Kunda
- Visit Isha Foundation
- Non-A/C Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore. Depending on the number of participants.
- We require a minimum of 10 members to confirm the event
- In case we fail to obtain the required minimum, a full refund or the option to transfer to any other event will be provided. (Option of transfer shall be subject to payment/refund of balance amount if any)
Things To Carry
- A Cheerful Smile
- Sturdy and waterproof backpack (It will be advised that you pack light)
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- Fresh clothes for changeover
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars)
- Personal medication (if any)
- Allergy medication (if any)
- While we try to create luxury - Travel a pleasure on the trip. The locations that we host are remote places and we do our best to arrange the basic facilities. The goal is to be outdoors.
- The Food that shall be provided will be Basic Veg/Non-Veg Food.
- Make use of bin - Put Litter in its place, do not trash your travel.
- Team Parikrama shall not be responsible for any of your belongings, valuables, jewelry, etc. Kindly do take care.
- In the case of traffic delays or breakdowns, expect a little delay in reaching the destination.
For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard-earned money.
We Look forward to your Participation
Kavaranahalli Betta Trek!!