Sun, 19 Jun|
All Girls Trek to Nijagal Fort!
Dear All, Greetings From Adventure!!! Team Parikrama Welcomes you to the World of Adventure. Start Exploring with us while you admire nature at its best.
Time & Location
19-Jun-2022, 6:00 am – 6:05 pm IST
Nijagal betta, Nijagal, Karnataka 562111, India
About The Event
Quick Summary :
Nijagallu Betta is just 45km from Bangalore and about 20km from Tumkur. It is one of the best-known weekend getaway options from Bangalore.
Ruins have their own charm with historical importance and Nijagal Betta is full of ruined caves, forts, and temples. A mid-seventeenth-century fort, build by Chikkadevaraya Wadiyar adorns this hillock. Here in Nijagallu Betta, it believed that a war was fought between Hyder Ali and Peshwa Madhav Rao. On the trekking route, there are a set of caves that houses a small Shiva shrine and Dargah.
Due to loose gravel, initially, the climb is noted to be tough but as you climb further, it becomes rocky and easier for trekking. The trekking route is dotted with sculptures from the Hoysala period. From the hilltop, one can see the countryside, NH4, and on a clear day the beautiful Silhouette of the magnificent Shivagange.
How do we do it :
- Depart from Bangalore by 6:00 AM
- Set yourself for a Beautiful Day.
- Reach the Base, Finish the BF, and proceed to start the trek.
- Learn and experience birding and natural history along with the volunteers.
- On reaching the Peak, Gather around for a storytelling session and activities.
- Trek back to the base, Finish the Luch and proceed back to Bangalore.
- Reach Back to the drop point by 5: 30 PM
- We require a minimum of 10 members to confirm the event
- In case we fail to obtain the required minimum, a full refund or the option to transfer to any other event will be provided. (Option of transfer shall be subject to payment/refund of balance amount if any)
- Team Parikrama
- Mantri Mall
- Yeshwantpuram Metro Station
- Drop-off points shall be the same as the pick-up points
Things to Carry
- A Cheerful Smile
- 2 Water bottles
- Trek/Running/Sports shoes a must
- A Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Personal medication - if any.
- One backpack.
- Energy Food (Chocolate bars, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Rain Coat/Jacket (as per the conditions)
- Refreshments - BF, Lunch.
- Special Badges on completion of the trek.
- Transportation - Too & Fro - Non A/C Vehicle depending on the size of the group.
Bank Details: The cost of the Activity is 1,350/- INR
- Name: Team Parikrama
- A/C No: 06951010001762
- IFS Code: CNRB0010695
- Branch Name: Canara Bank, Amarjothi Nagar.
- While we try to create luxury - Travel a pleasure on the trip. The locations that we host are remote places and we do our best to arrange the basic facilities. The goal is to be outdoors.
- The Food that shall be provided will be Basic Veg Food, we do not serve Non-Veg Food.
- Make use of bin - Put Litter in its place, do not trash your travel.
- Team Parikrama shall not be responsible for any of your belongings, valuables, jewelry, etc. Kindly do take care.
- In the case of traffic delays or breakdowns, expect a little delay in reaching the destination.
For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard-earned money.
We look forward to your participation.
Nijagal Fort Trek!